[Geany-devel] saving plugin settings in a project file

Thomas Martitz thomas.martitz at xxxxx
Tue Sep 20 17:39:57 UTC 2011

Am 19.09.2011 11:13, schrieb Lex Trotman:
> On 19 September 2011 18:38, Alexander Petukhov<devel at apetukhov.ru>  wrote:
>> I would like to store debugger settings such as watches, breaks, target etc
>> in a project file.
>>
>> These are not the settings that apply to a plugin in a whole but look like
>> being related to files
>> user is working with, i.e. a project.
> The files a user is working with are not necessarily a project.
> Especially for something as general as debugging it is important that
> you also support workflows that don't involve having a project file
> open (as well as ones that do of course).

Doesn't that mean another type of session is needed? a debug session?

I think it makes sense to tie debug stuff to projects. Doing it any
other way probably means lots of extra work and maintainance effort, for
a use-case the author doesn't even have.

Best regards.