[Geany-devel] GeanyPy in next plugin release

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Tue Sep 20 00:03:10 UTC 2011

On 09/19/2011 04:38 PM, Lex Trotman wrote:
> On 20 September 2011 09:07, Matthew Brush<mbrush at codebrainz.ca>  wrote:

>> I keep these things in Git because SVN sucks and I don't have commit access
>> to geany core (for geany-themes).  If I sent a patch for geany-themes
>> earlier, I would have to maintain it in two places.
>>

> Yes, well that is always going to be a problem for anyone without
> commit access, maybe themes need to be in a separate place like
> geany-plugins so multiple people can maintain them but they still get
> included in the release?

Github works pretty well for this, I'm not stingy with commit access and
I'll add anyone as a contributor, or the Pull Requests works quite easily.

IMO geany-themes doesn't really belong in geany-plugins.  The filedefs
belong in Geany like Nick asked for some time ago.  IMO they should be
in the next release so people can sanely write colour schemes using the
features that were previously implemented but the filedefs were never
updated.  The colour schemes themselves (besides maybe a few "core"
ones), belong in a separate project (ie. geany-themes on GitHub) or on
gnome-look or some such site.