[Geany-devel] ChangeLog for Geany: is that useful, for who and how? (was Re: Geany-Plugins: Please check for ChangeLog-entries on commit)

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Mon Sep 19 22:18:04 UTC 2011

[...]
>> Oh no, I planned to start (again [1]) a discussion about *removing*
>> ChangeLog committing :D  (OK, I though about Geany itself, not GP)
>>
>> I'll start it right now then, if you don't mind.
>
> I'm open to start a discussion about ChangeLog for post svn times as
> with correct merging its really not much of a benefit (even there are
> some).

Does that mean post svn we won't have tarballs?  Or that they don't
have any list of changes? Or that the changelogs in tarballs are auto
generated?