[Geany-devel] Geany-Plugins: Please check for ChangeLog-entries on commit

Jiří Techet techet at xxxxx
Mon Sep 19 17:09:29 UTC 2011

On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 08:15, Frank Lanitz <frank at frank.uvena.de> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Another episode from topic improving plugins by Frank ;)
>
> In last time I saw a lot of changes going in into plugins without having
> a ChageLog entry set.
>
> Its not always useful in every case but its a nice thing for users of
> trunk and also stable releases to have a middle view between NEWS-file
> which is in most cases only a very short compilation of changes and the
> very, very verbose svn/git log view. So I'm bagging you to have in mind
> updating your ChangeLog and when every updating po-files or something
> else inside geany-plugins/trunk/geany-plugins/po I make it mandatory ;)

Hi Frank, it would be useful to have all the
recommendations/requirements mentioned somewhere - e.g. the HACKING
file. There could be a list of points plugin developers should keep in
mind when making commits and preparing for release. Without it I'm
afraid many people (and especially me) will forget to do something
(e.g. update the ChangeLog file which is something I'm used to get
generated from the git repository).

One more thing that could appear in the file is that the developers
should run rst2html on the README file - I had a syntax error in the
file without knowing it because I just didn't check whether it's a
valid reStructuredText.

Cheers,

Jiri