[Geany-devel] GeanyPy in next plugin release

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Mon Sep 19 14:19:30 UTC 2011

Le 18/09/2011 04:55, Matthew Brush a écrit :
> Hi,

Hey,

> Does anyone have any opinions about me putting GeanyPy into
> geany-plugins SVN and trying to get it included in the next plugins
> release?

It depends on whether GeanPy can be/is considered stable or not.  If it
is, I see no reason why it couldn't be in geany-plugins; but if it isn't
I better wait until it becomes before releasing it as part of GP
(GP-released plugins are supposed to be production-ready).

My POV *as somebody that never actually tried it* is that GeanyPy is
still a bit young and that it's likely to need some incompatible changes
for it to evolve.  But again, I haven't developed it, and I haven't even
tried to write a plugin using it yet, I only seen examples and discussions.

So... my 2¢, use them the best you can ;)

Cheers,
Colomban