[Geany-devel] A few JavaScript tag parser fixes from exuberant ctags?

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Sat Sep 17 18:08:41 UTC 2011

Hi,

I've merged exuberant ctags changes on the javascript parser [1] (in the
hope it fixed [2], without success [3]), and it contains a few fixes (4
actually).
Attached is a the patch I made, but I'm wondering whether I should
commit it now, or wait until the release.  It's supposed only to contain
fixes -- and looks like it does, from reading upstream log and the
resulting patch -- but I don't know JavaScript enough to actually do any
checks [4].

Any thoughts?

Cheers,
Colomban

[1] http://ctags.svn.sf.net/viewvc/ctags/trunk/jscript.c?view=markup
[2]
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=787791&aid=3398636&group_id=153444
[3] although I found what's the problem (the regex aren't parsed, so
"//" inside one is considered as a comment start, etc.) I can't find a
correct way to fix it :/
[4] but upstream has a testsuite