[Geany-devel] Various pref changes not ignored on dialog cancel

Dimitar Zhekov dimitar.zhekov at xxxxx
Fri Sep 16 16:03:33 UTC 2011

On Fri, 16 Sep 2011 11:33:31 +0100 (BST)
Nick Treleaven <nick.treleaven at btopenworld.com> wrote:

> > How about adding a PREF_CANCEL action to prefs.c only
> > that will call a
> > stash_group_cancel() to reset the values?
>
> I don't think that's a good design, the stash group settings should
> not actually be changed until ok/apply.

On Thu, 15 Sep 2011 22:48:06 +0200
Colomban Wendling <lists.ban at herbesfolles.org> wrote:

> > What about traversing the model on reshow to reset it to
> > the default values?
>
> Yes, that would be best.

Of course, PREF_CANCEL was stupid. Actually, it should create the
StartTreeValue entries on _setup, set them on PREF_DISPLAY, and get
them on PREF_UPDATE (the latter is currently implemented).

> (This would be similar to how all stash prefs work with
> stash_group_display - the widgets are updated with the current
> settings).

Almost identical. I'll try to write it today.

--
E-gards: Jimmy