[Geany-devel] Various pref changes not ignored on dialog cancel

Dimitar Zhekov dimitar.zhekov at xxxxx
Thu Sep 15 17:33:38 UTC 2011

On Thu, 15 Sep 2011 17:45:25 +0100 (BST)
Nick Treleaven <nick.treleaven at btopenworld.com> wrote:

> I've found a bug when changing a various pref setting in the prefs
> dialog, then cancelling the dialog without applying the changes.
> Next time the dialog is shown the edited values are still present.

Yes, for the integer values. We (me and Colomban) know, and discussed
it on the patch tracker page. IIRC, it's a bug in the spin renderer -
if you click outside the entry, it generates an editing done signal
instead of editing cancelled. Fixing it required nasty hacking, and/or
was dependent on the gtk+ version...

The other option is to use the text renderer for integers (as you can
see, the statusbar_template is OK). As a side effect, the initial page
creation will be about 20% faster. But we'll lose the cute arrows. :)

--
E-gards: Jimmy