[Geany-devel] build commands - Re: SF.net SVN: geany:[5915] trunk/TODO

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Thu Sep 15 00:27:47 UTC 2011

Hi Nick,

So it was late at night and I never actually said what I meant, can't
you read my mind?

On 14 September 2011 23:49, Nick Treleaven
<nick.treleaven at btopenworld.com> wrote:
> [...]

The point that I meant to make was that the to do is misleading and
should be re-worded to be a GUI change, IAW the conclusion we came to
in the conversation you cite below.

>> independent run
>> commands in both geany.conf and project files in the
>> [build-menu]
>> section like:
>>
>> EX_01_LB=Run command label
>> EX_01_CM=./whatever
>> EX_01_WD=%p/bin
>>
>> Keybindings need to be for all extra commands, filetype and
>> filetype
>> independent ones, not just the exe one.  Probably the
>> whole build
>> keybinding group needs to be made dynamically like plugin
>> groups are
>> so the size can be determined at runtime?

This is a question about possible implementation that might be simpler
than previously thought, IIUC plugin keybindings groups get their
keybindings saved and restored for them, although they are dynamically
added entries.  If nothing is saved then they can be set to a default
value.  The build keybinding group can be re-sized based on the config
entries at startup, which seems to me to be very similar to plugins.

> We already discussed this here BTW:
> http://lists.uvena.de/geany-devel/2011-April/004419.html
>
> I was only lowering the priority.

Sure, don't dispute that.

As a general question that I have never thought about before, how is
the to-do list (which is in the VCS and the distribution so it must be
official right?) maintained and community agreement reached on what is
in it and the priorities?

> I'm unlikely to work on the build system code. I don't know how dynamic keybindings would work well whilst still having the current fixed bindings. I just use mnemonics when I want non-fixed shortcuts.

I wasn't trying to talk you into doing things you didn't want to :)