[Geany-devel] SF.net SVN: geany:[5909] trunk/src/utils.c

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Mon Sep 12 13:28:37 UTC 2011

Le 12/09/2011 11:16, Lex Trotman a écrit :
>> Otherwise the whole fallback should be removed since it is confusing
>> and may not run the browser the user expected (depending on the order
>> in the list).  At least when there is only the tools pref you know
>> when its wrong, the browser won't go, with the fallback something
>> unexpected may happen.
>>

> In fact thinking about it some more Geany should tell the user that
> browser command "xxx" did not work (xxx=tools pref command) and ask do
> you want to try the following in order and print the list.  We should
> not fail to inform the user that the command did not work.

Right.  Now you say this, I think the better may perhaps to tell the
user the browser failed to spawn, and ask her to provide the command to
run in place (maybe with a few suggestions), and fill the pref with that
new value (if working).  What do you think?

Cheers,
Colomban