[Geany-devel] SF.net SVN: geany:[5909] trunk/src/utils.c

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Mon Sep 12 13:23:48 UTC 2011

Le 12/09/2011 10:16, Frank Lanitz a écrit :
> Am 11.09.2011 23:53, schrieb Colomban Wendling:
>> Le 11/09/2011 23:32, Lex Trotman a écrit :
>>> [...]
>>>
>>> What about adding chrome?
>>
>> Yeah, why not (though this list is a fallback one), it's very easy now :)
>>
>> We might then also want to add also Safari, Epihpany (GNOME) and Midori
>> (Xfce)... does anybody knows if "safari" runs Safari under MacOSX, or
>> what is the command name?
>
> I disagree to add all known browsers to this list as they might appear.
> Its still a fall back which means something didn't work before this list
> has been called.

I didn't meant to add all existing browsers to the list, but only to
have "good" fallback.  My reasoning was then to add the default browsers
of the common setups, so Epiphany for GNOME, Midori for Xfce, Konqueror
for KDE (we have this one already), and Safari for MacOS -- OK I didn't
wanted to add Internet Explorer for Windows... :-'

IMHO a list with

firefox
chromium / chrome
opera
epiphany
konqueror
midori
safari

is quite sensible, since it covers the most common user-chosen browsers
(first 3) and the most common default browsers (last 4, but maybe
Midori, I'm not sure).

OTOH, I don't really either mind nor find fallbacks that good anyway.

Cheers,
Colomban