[Geany-devel] Why Geany doesn't use exactly what is set in "marker_search"?

Dimitar Zhekov dimitar.zhekov at xxxxx
Fri Sep 9 17:44:53 UTC 2011

On Fri, 09 Sep 2011 10:55:33 -0400
Jean-Philippe Fleury <contact at jpfleury.net> wrote:

> Thanks for these precisions. However, I'm still not able to make
> "marker_translucency" have any effect. See the attached screenshot.
> There are 4 different settings for "marker_translucency", but the little
> yellow arrow and the plus sign appearing in the margin don't change.

With the Markers Margin hidden, you don't have arrow or plus, so the
entire line is highlighted instead, with background = 2nd argument of
marker_line and transluency = 1st argument of marker_translucency.
Blending the arrow or plus sign would a bit pointless.

> For each modification, I closed Geany and opened it again to be sure it
> was using new settings in my .conf.

If you open the standard geany.conf in Geany, the changes are applied
immediately on Save. At least the highlighting.

--
E-gards: Jimmy