[Geany-devel] Why Geany doesn't use exactly what is set in "marker_search"?

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Fri Sep 9 06:00:07 UTC 2011

On 9 September 2011 15:52, Matthew Brush <mbrush at codebrainz.ca> wrote:
> On 09/08/2011 10:20 PM, Jean-Philippe Fleury wrote:
>>
>> Lex Trotman a écrit le 2011-09-09 00:13 :
>>>
>>> The markings used for mark-all searches are applied with hard coded
>>> alpha of 60 out of 256.
>>

> Is that from before the color schemes support?

Que? I was referring to line 673 as you noted below.

>> Thanks for your answer.
>>
>> About "marker_translucency", we can read in the the manual:
>>
>>> Translucency for the line marker (first argument) and the search
>>> marker (second argument). Values between 0 and 256 are accepted.
>>
>> How "marker_translucency" is applied to search marker if there's already
>> a hard coded value? I tried to change values of "marker_translucency",
>> but it doesn't seem to change anything.
>>

> I guess it just ignores it currently?  Seems like a bug to me.

No it applies to something else, see my other post.  But the manual
could be clearer, too many things called markers.

> FWIW, it's hardcoded here:
> http://git.geany.org/geany/tree/src/highlighting.c#n673

See lines 680 & 686 for where marker_translucency is used.