[Geany-devel] Why Geany doesn't use exactly what is set in "marker_search"?

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Fri Sep 9 05:52:15 UTC 2011

On 09/08/2011 10:20 PM, Jean-Philippe Fleury wrote:
> Lex Trotman a écrit le 2011-09-09 00:13 :
>> The markings used for mark-all searches are applied with hard coded
>> alpha of 60 out of 256.

Is that from before the color schemes support?

> Thanks for your answer.
>
> About "marker_translucency", we can read in the the manual:
>
>> Translucency for the line marker (first argument) and the search
>> marker (second argument). Values between 0 and 256 are accepted.
>
> How "marker_translucency" is applied to search marker if there's already
> a hard coded value? I tried to change values of "marker_translucency",
> but it doesn't seem to change anything.

I guess it just ignores it currently?  Seems like a bug to me.

FWIW, it's hardcoded here:
http://git.geany.org/geany/tree/src/highlighting.c#n673