[Geany-devel] Why Geany doesn't use exactly what is set in "marker_search"?

Jean-Philippe Fleury contact at xxxxx
Fri Sep 9 03:41:53 UTC 2011

Hi,

I noticed that the background color really used in Geany to mark
searches is never the exact color set in "marker_search" in color
schemes, as if a kind of translucency was automatically applied. For
example, see the following screenshot:

http://www.jpfleury.net/depot-fichiers/png/geany-themes-gedit-cpp.png

The second color scheme sets:

marker_line=0x000000;0xffff00
marker_search=marker_line

but we see in the screenshot that Geany really uses color "0xffffc3"
(washed yellow) instead of "0xffff00" (bright yellow).

Same thing happens with any color scheme.

I tried to play with "marker_translucency", but it doesn't change anything.

Do you have any idea why this happens?

Regards,

Jean-Philippe