[Geany-devel] Include geany-themes before release?

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Sat Sep 3 06:43:44 UTC 2011

On 3 September 2011 15:41, Matthew Brush <mbrush at codebrainz.ca> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Should we add (parts of) the geany-themes[1] project to Geany before the
> release freeze for 0.21?  If so, I propose that we add all the filedefs, the
> alt.conf theme, one light theme, and one dark theme.

Why would we want to add any of these virulent examples of bad taste
to a classy project like Geany? ;-P

On the other hand people who use them deserve the seared retinas so why not :-)

> If nobody is opposed, I will prepare a patch in short order.

My greater concern will be to ensure that replacing all the filedefs
just before release doesn't break anything.

I guess it will have to be an inspection of the diffs in the patch to
check that only the look is changed, since every file is changed.

And also that you haven't snuck in any changes to the default theme. :-)

> P.S. I just added some info about geany-themes on the colour schemes section
> of the wiki[2].

One thing you need to note is that installing themes by copying
filetypes.* to .config/geany will erase any filetype command settings
you have made.  A problem to fix one day.