[Geany-devel] geany on github; why not?

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Thu Sep 1 00:13:38 UTC 2011

On 1 September 2011 02:14, Frank Lanitz <frank at frank.uvena.de> wrote:
> Am 31.08.2011 17:21, schrieb Colomban Wendling:
>> 1) as expected, it doesn't make merges looks like merges, but as a
>> single commit.  However Thomas said on IRC that SVN didn't knew merges
>> either, maybe it makes this impossible to track then?
>
> This is depending on the version of svn. IIRC > 1.6 its supported by
> subversion.

SVN didn't properly track merges until version 1.5, IIRC the last big
merge would have been the build system and at that stage at least one
of the main developers was still using 1.4 and we found it damaged the
merge data, so I did the merge of build with 1.5.  It may therefore be
the only merge with SVN merge data depending on when the recalcitrant
developer updated his SVN client.