[Geany-devel] [RFC] Geany Plugin Names

Alexander Petukhov devel at xxxxx
Mon Oct 31 13:10:44 UTC 2011

On 10/31/11 4:47 PM, Colomban Wendling wrote:
> Le 31/10/2011 08:37, Frank Lanitz a écrit :
>> On Mon, 31 Oct 2011 10:20:23 +1100
>> Lex Trotman<elextr at gmail.com>  wrote:
>>
>>> [...]
>>>>
>>> Thanks Jiri,
>>>
>>> Based on your description, project for gproject and projects for
>>> geanyprj?
>> I disagree. Names do not differ enough. They look pretty much the
>> same.
> I agree with Frank, the user is unlikely to see the difference, and
> would then be confused.
>
> Cheers,
> Colomban
just some thoughts:

1. current gproject (if I get it right there is another branch with
multiple opened project support or other features) utilizes Geany
built-in project support engine, actually it shows files with
project-matching extensions in a tree view, don't anybody think that it
can be included in Geany and be switched off/on like files and tags list?
It will eliminate the problem of renaming.

2. rename geanyprj to something "project"-free. The concern for this:
there is a Project root item menu in Geany and some other places where a
user is faced with built-in projects; if we'll have a plugin naming
*project/prj* it will definitely make hard for a user to understand what
project is he working with now.

Regards,
Alexander