[Geany-devel] GIT commit mails format

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Mon Oct 31 12:00:40 UTC 2011

On 25/10/2011 00:33, Lex Trotman wrote:
> [...]
>> If we go back to individual commit mails with diffs, is there anyway to
>> limit how many individual messages get sent out at once and how many lines
>> can be in a diff?  Ex. if we merge the gtkbuilder branch at some point, is
>> there anyway to prevent from flooding the list with all those commit mails
>> but to send individual ones for regular 2 or 3 commits in a row?

I'm not sure we would see a flood on a merge, probably only one commit
saying 'merged gtkbuilder branch'? The gtkbuilder commits should appear
as they are committed, not on merge.

>> But really, I don't care too much either way :)
>
> And the flooding each time geany.html gets updated is a pain.

This may have been because I had an older version of python/docutils.
When I regenerated the html 3 weeks ago with a recent docutils the diff
was small.

> Personally I don't mind the links and combined emails so I guess I'm -0.5.

I'm +1, assuming we have diff size limiting like we used to with SVN. I
find it very useful to look at small changes from my mail reader without
having to click and wait for the github diff page to load - this
discourages me from bothering.