[Geany-devel] Geany SourceForge.net Project Page

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Sun Oct 30 09:38:30 UTC 2011

Hi,

Is it possible to put a big warning message on the SourceForge page to
indicate that we're not using SVN there any more?  It's really annoying
from a user's POV[1] when a project abandons a repository and leaves it
open without any obvious indication that it's not using that (see
Scintilla CVS repository).  I propose if we can't put a warning of some
sort to tell users where to find the source code, that we take down the
SVN repository, or maybe move it to geany.org (or elsewhere) just for
historical purposes.

Also, maybe the "News" on SourceForge.net should have an item for the
switch from SVN there to Git on Github.com.

Lastly, has anybody noticed that SourceForge.net has added those
infamous evil[2] little social networking "like" links to our project
page?  Basically, we're now helping Twitter, Facebook and Google Plus to
track our users against their will.  I wonder if those can be disabled
through the admin settings?

[1] I've admitted made this mistake before and inadvertently done work
on old outdated code ... ouch!
[2] http://nikcub.appspot.com/logging-out-of-facebook-is-not-enough