[Geany-devel] Geany Plugins SVN Commit URLs

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Sun Oct 30 09:15:33 UTC 2011

Hi,

I haven't heard too much about the Git conversion of Geany Plugins, but
I wanted to offer a suggestion that might improve the commit messages
compared to Geany's.  In the Geany's Git repository there's links back
to the SVN repository in the commit messages (the links are broken BTW).
  I was wondering if it would be better to have these links point to a
place we have more control over, for example using a Geany commit,
instead of this in the commit message:

git-svn-id: https://geany.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/geany/trunk@5970
ea778897-0a13-0410-b9d1-a72fbfd435f5

We could have something like this:

git-svn-id:
[ea778897-0a13-0410-b9d1-a72fbfd435f5](http://svn.geany.org/svnroot/geany/trunk?rev=5970)

That way we could make the links work and be able to move the old SVN
repository without breaking all the links in the commit message. I guess
we'd need a little redirect script or something on geany.org.  Note also
the use of Markdown link syntax, which might render better on Github
(not sure).

I guess it's too late to do this for Geany's Git repository, but we
could maybe consider something like this for Geany Plugins if the
software can support it?

Just an idea.