[Geany-devel] Geany Plugins Warnings (again)

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Sun Oct 30 08:33:36 UTC 2011

Hi Frank,

On 30 October 2011 19:05, Frank Lanitz <frank at frank.uvena.de> wrote:
> Am 30.10.2011 02:52, schrieb Lex Trotman:
>> That of course is a better solution, but I assumed it was too hard
>> with autofools, WAF would of course just be print "I can't find ..."
>> in appropriate places.
>
> Its doing this.
> just as example from the machine I'm currently working on:

[...]

Yeah, autotools does this as well (but not so clear I must admit) but
as you say below, it doesn't identify which plugin requires which
dependency.

> Plugins to compile                        : addons codenav geanydoc
> geanyextrasel geanygdb geanyinsertnum geanylatex geanylipsum geanymacro
> geanynumberedbookmarks geanyprj geanysendmail geanyvc gproject
> shiftcolumn tableconvert treebrowser xmlsnippets
> 'configure' finished successfully (4.906s)

Would be nice to list the ones it is rejecting as well.

> Of course, this is not showing which plugin is effected, but a nicer
> view to missing dependencies.

I've never got my head round Waf, but if looks like it checks some
dependencies several times so I'm assuming that it is per plugin, so
all that is needed is to print "Checking dependencies for xxx" before
doing it, that would associate each plugin with the needed
dependencies.  IIUC Waf is just python so adding a print shouldn't be
too hard (or have I totally misunderstood?).