[Geany-devel] Geany Plugins Warnings (again)

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Sun Oct 30 00:46:59 UTC 2011

On 11-10-29 05:36 PM, Lex Trotman wrote:
> On 30 October 2011 02:07, Frank Lanitz<frank at frank.uvena.de>  wrote:
>> Am 29.10.2011 05:38, schrieb Lex Trotman:
>>> Starting from a clean machine, I found many dependencies are
>>> undocumented.  Many plugins required the dev package as well as the
>>> specified package, ok its sort of obvious, but it would be nice to
>>> mention as well.
>>>
>>> Other than the dev packages, unexpected and undocumented dependencies
>>> I found were:
>>>
>>> debugger - vte-dev
>>> geanypg - gpgme not just gpg
>>> update checker - webkitdev
>>
>> Are you just referring to documentation or to build system as well?
>
> They should be documented, IIUC the build script checks, thats why
> they fail to build.
>
> Having to search the build script to find dependencies is not good.

The best situation would be to have the ./configure summary print
something like this:

   Plugins:
     Addons:                       yes [automatic]
     CodeNav:                      no  [disabled by user]
     Debugger:                     no  [missing `vte' package]
     [...]

I'm not sure how much a PITA this would be to write though.