[Geany-devel] [RFC] Geany Plugin Names / Lua Scripting

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Sat Oct 29 16:23:20 UTC 2011

On 29/10/2011 06:41, Matthew Brush wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Is anybody opposed to removing the "geany" and "Geany" prefix from the
> plugins in Geany-Plugins. I mean at least for the directory name in the
> source tree, README/Site, and PLUGIN_SET_INFO() name?
>
> It's always bothered me when I go into *Geany's* plugin manager and see
> plugin names like "GeanyFooBar". Obviously the plugin is for Geany and
> the "Geany" prefix makes the plugin not ordered correctly. Same goes for
> the SVN/Git repository source tree directory names.

+1

I think we should definitely drop Geany from all the names shown in the
plugin manager, even for independently maintained plugins.

> GeanyLua Lua Plugins lua

IIRC the PM name is 'Lua Scripting'. It doesn't really have a maintainer
ATM but I am the named maintainer. Feel free to change 'GeanyLua' and/or
the directory name - I would suggest 'luascript'. It doesn't allow true
Lua plugins.