[Geany-devel] project build tab - Re: GTK+ Version Bump to 2.18 - gtkbuilder and 2.16

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Wed Oct 19 22:22:58 UTC 2011

On 19 October 2011 23:43, Nick Treleaven <nick.treleaven at btinternet.com> wrote:
> On 18/10/2011 17:30, Nick Treleaven wrote:

>> Not really, I'm just opposed to replacing groups of commands with a list
>> of commands as I think this is worse usability.
>>
>> I think a treeview for each command group wouldn't really change things
>> and might look better. Is there a way to show a label with mnemonic in a
>> treeview column? Not crucial but nice to have.
>
> Actually one treeview would be better, but I think the error regex fields
> would need to be separate from the tree. Perhaps grouped underneath it. It
> could look something like:
>
> Current filetype: C
>
>   Label      Command            Directory     Reset
>   -----      -------            ---------     -----
> \/ Filetype build commands
> \/ Independent build commands
> \/ Execute commands
>
> Error regular expressions:
>  Filetype:    [                ]
>  Independent: [                ]

WARNING, WARNING !!!!  Thats exactly what I was thinking Nick, we AGREE!!!! :D

> I've added a label for current filetype above (this could be done
> separately). This is to avoid repeating the filetype name in multiple
> places, and I think it's clearer.

Good idea.

And of course the extra non-filetype execute group we want to add just
tacks on the end :)

Now to get enough time.