[Geany-devel] Glade 3 Translations (was Re: Team Translation)

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Tue Oct 18 21:01:02 UTC 2011

Le 18/10/2011 22:51, Matthew Brush a écrit :
> On 11-10-18 10:43 AM, Enrico Tröger wrote:

>>> AFAIK, currently translated strings should be OK as far as we set the
>>
>> Well, I just checked po/POTFILES.in and there is src/interface.c
>> listed, so this one is used for picking the translatable strings.
>> And in po/POTFILES.skip geany.glade is explicitly listed to not be used
>> for translatable strings with a comment that intltool would use it
>> otherwise. So, I guess, as Colomban, that using the gtkbuilder XMl will
>> work fine for intltool as well.
>>

> Cool!
>
> Apparently by default gtk_builder_set_translation_domain() uses
> gettext(), so are we all set then or do we need to set this to something
> else?

Yep, it's enough for using the translated strings.  We just need to make
sure the strings are properly extracted from the .ui file (by intltool)
so they new ones can be translated.