[Geany-devel] Glade 3 Translations (was Re: Team Translation)

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Tue Oct 18 17:43:34 UTC 2011

On Mon, 17 Oct 2011 18:58:35 +0200, Colomban wrote:

>Le 16/10/2011 12:07, Matthew Brush a écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
>> Does anyone know what effect merging the `gtkbuilder` branch would
>> have on translations for the UI stuff?
>>
>> IIUC there is some translation capability build into
>> Glade/GtkBuilder, so would we need to start using this?
>>
>> Do the current translations for Glade 2 strings work on the
>> auto-generated C code (interface.[ch]) or are they on the Glade 2
>> file (geany.glade) directly?
>
>AFAIK, currently translated strings should be OK as far as we set the

Well, I just checked po/POTFILES.in and there is src/interface.c
listed, so this one is used for picking the translatable strings.
And in po/POTFILES.skip geany.glade is explicitly listed to not be used
for translatable strings with a comment that intltool would use it
otherwise. So, I guess, as Colomban, that using the gtkbuilder XMl will
work fine for intltool as well.