[Geany-devel] gtkbuilder branch and ui_lookup_widget functions

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Tue Oct 18 00:08:10 UTC 2011

On 11-10-17 04:09 PM, Matthew Brush wrote:
> On 11-10-17 05:22 AM, Nick Treleaven wrote:
>> Hi Matthew,
>> I'm a bit concerned about the changed ui_lookup_widget (and hookup)
>> functions - these are in the plugin API and can be used independently
>> from Glade. (plugin) API function behaviour should not normally change,
>> but it seems the owner parameter is now ignored. If we are caching
>> lookups this is probably wrong as the widget may get destroyed.
>>
>> I haven't looked at the new implementation but perhaps you could help
>> explain the changes.
>
> Long story short: compatibility is the reason.

Lex has pointed out on IRC that in my typical fashion I haven't been
clear enough :) so I would highly recommend just reading the code.  It's
really not tricky or complicated at all and it's quite short.