[Geany-devel] GTK+ Version Bump to 2.18 - gtkbuilder and 2.16

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Mon Oct 17 23:36:04 UTC 2011

On 11-10-17 04:27 PM, Lex Trotman wrote:
> On 18 October 2011 10:17, Matthew Brush<mbrush at codebrainz.ca>  wrote:

>>> Tried it earlier, seems to build against 2.16 (I actually have a newer
>>> runtime) and run OK after I applied some fixes. I didn't really test it
>>> much besides showing the Prefs dialog. Anything in particular that needs
>>> testing?
>>>

>> I also noticed some issues with defaults in the project dialog where some
>> stuff doesn't have a default and some of the combo boxes have two columns
>> showing so it looks like:
>>
>>         "Item 1  Item 1"
>>         "Item 2  Item 2"
>>
>> IMO, it would *really* be nice to get all of the Project dialog ported to
>> GtkBuilder since currently only the Editor and Indentation tabs are in
>> GtkBuilder, the "Project" tab and the Build tab are both hard-coded and
>> added to the dialog at runtime it seems.
>
> Hi Matthew,
>
> Yes, the build tab is generated at runtime because it has variable
> length (set by the number_xx_menu_items prefs).
>
> Possibly it could be a treeview, but that would change the whole
> operation of the build tabs and would need discussion with Nick who
> has strong ideas on the subject :)

+1.  I actually started tinkering with making it a treeview in Glade,
since it makes way more sense to not have a hardcoded number and types
of build commands, but of course as we discussed before, there needs to
be a fixed number of commands at startup due to the limitations in the
keybinding system.

Anyway, for now, we could add the whole UI into Glade except the dynamic
part and just append/insert rows for more commands at run-time for the
parts that change.  At least 95% of it would go into the UI file.