[Geany-devel] GTK+ Version Bump to 2.18 - gtkbuilder and 2.16

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Mon Oct 17 23:27:26 UTC 2011

On 18 October 2011 10:17, Matthew Brush <mbrush at codebrainz.ca> wrote:
> On 11-10-14 07:38 AM, Nick Treleaven wrote:

>>> No, I haven't tried git branching yet. I'll let you know when I do.
>>
>> Tried it earlier, seems to build against 2.16 (I actually have a newer
>> runtime) and run OK after I applied some fixes. I didn't really test it
>> much besides showing the Prefs dialog. Anything in particular that needs
>> testing?
>>

> I also noticed some issues with defaults in the project dialog where some
> stuff doesn't have a default and some of the combo boxes have two columns
> showing so it looks like:
>
>        "Item 1  Item 1"
>        "Item 2  Item 2"
>
> IMO, it would *really* be nice to get all of the Project dialog ported to
> GtkBuilder since currently only the Editor and Indentation tabs are in
> GtkBuilder, the "Project" tab and the Build tab are both hard-coded and
> added to the dialog at runtime it seems.

Hi Matthew,

Yes, the build tab is generated at runtime because it has variable
length (set by the number_xx_menu_items prefs).

Possibly it could be a treeview, but that would change the whole
operation of the build tabs and would need discussion with Nick who
has strong ideas on the subject :)