[Geany-devel] CTags with GRegex - Re: editing big files can be too slow with tag reparsing

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Mon Oct 17 17:18:34 UTC 2011

BTW:

Le 02/10/2011 16:34, Nick Treleaven a écrit :
> On 30/09/2011 17:32, Nick Treleaven wrote:

>>> I'm now working on porting lregex.c to GRegex, I think it might be
>>> compatible enough. I'll commit it to unstable if it goes OK.
>>
>> Now done. This fixes my performance issue with doc/geany.html.

Great!

>> Needs testing though. Regex parsers are:
>>
>> actionscript
>> cobol
>> html
>> php
>
> Link:
> http://geany.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/geany?view=revision&revision=5976
>
> I think Colomban's idea of using GRegex is great in that all systems
> will then have the same regex behaviour. The old situation was a support
> headache.

+1 :)

> GRegex is more reliable besides being more powerful, based on PCRE. The
> Windows version (at least) of GNU regex we had didn't understand Mac
> line endings for ^, $.

Hehe, even better :)  Now we should probably port all our regexes usage
to GRegex -- and drop the included one when done, but there's no hurry.

Thanks for having done the hardest part: the try & check :)
Colomban