[Geany-devel] Glade 3 Translations (was Re: Team Translation)

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Mon Oct 17 16:58:35 UTC 2011

Le 16/10/2011 12:07, Matthew Brush a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know what effect merging the `gtkbuilder` branch would have
> on translations for the UI stuff?
>
> IIUC there is some translation capability build into Glade/GtkBuilder,
> so would we need to start using this?
>
> Do the current translations for Glade 2 strings work on the
> auto-generated C code (interface.[ch]) or are they on the Glade 2 file
> (geany.glade) directly?

AFAIK, currently translated strings should be OK as far as we set the
correct gettext domain to GtkBuilder (using
gtk_builder_set_translation_domain()).

The key point is to extract the translatable strings and merge them, and
I think recent versions of intltool works with GtkBuilder files (not
sure which).  No guarantee from me though :-'

Cheers,
Colomban