[Geany-devel] Remove extra whitespace at end of lines in all source files?

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Wed Oct 12 14:14:14 UTC 2011

On 12/10/2011 06:00, Matthew Brush wrote:
>    Remove extra whitespace at end of lines in all source files.
>
> * Processed with rstrip-whitespace.py script added to scripts/ directory.
> * Script run on all .c and .h files in src/ and plugins/ directories.
> * Also remove more than one newline at the end of files.

We've mostly done this before, but I'm not sure this is a good idea. It
means more maintenance burden on receiving code. What's so bad about
trailing whitespace?