[Geany-devel] Plugins README / web pages

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Mon Oct 10 20:58:05 UTC 2011

On Mon, 10 Oct 2011 22:41:19 +0200, Dominic wrote:

>Am Montag, den 10.10.2011, 13:55 +0400 schrieb Alexander Petukhov:
>> By the way, can I gain more control on READMEs on a web-site to be
>> able to modify and then upload and see the result instantly.
>> I was told Dominic maintains this task now.
>
>It's not my servers, so I'm not able to decide this. Pinging me on IRC

plugins.geany.org is hosted on Sourceforge.net, so having SVN write
access (which you have) enables you as well to access the shell servers
of Sourceforge to modify the files there.
However, this won't help much because there are some scripts of Dominic
which do some magic to the READMEs from SVN and then generate HTML
which is rsync'ed to SF.

These scripts run on geany.org. But as this is my private server, I'm
not so keen on giving everyone access to it. Sorry.

However, Dominic's scripts probably can run on another server as well,
maybe even on SF's shell servers. Or the whole construct of generating
those pages can be reworked to be more obvious, easier to test and
so easier to improve.