[Geany-devel] geany on github; why not?

Jiří Techet techet at xxxxx
Mon Oct 10 16:36:32 UTC 2011

On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 11:30, Thomas Martitz
<thomas.martitz at student.htw-berlin.de> wrote:
> Am 06.10.2011 11:01, schrieb Jiří Techet:
>>
>> Yeah, I have my .gitignore too. Anyway, I don't plan to make any
>> "real" commits during the conversion so it's easier to verify the
>> sources are in the same state as before (on the other hand, this could
>> really speed up the merging of my patches; I'm starting considering it
>> ;-). I'd suggest it should be handled as an ordinary patch by the
>> maintainers after the conversion.
>>

> Speaking of which, would you be so kind to bring your patches in sync with
> svn head? I had major headaches trying to do it myself yesterday.

I've moved all my repositories from Gitorious to GitHub (It was real
pain to delete all the repositories from Gitorious because it kept
ending with errors. I had to try several times to succeed. GitHub was
clearly a better option as a host for Geany's repository.) My
up-to-date fork with patches is here now:

https://github.com/techee/geany-patches

Cheers,
Jiri