[Geany-devel] Git conversion completed

Jiří Techet techet at xxxxx
Sun Oct 9 00:13:42 UTC 2011

Hi,

I've completed the conversion to git. It went quite smoothly because I
did it already before and fortunately the checksums remained the same
so I could reuse the grafts files I already had (to be sure, I checked
all the entries one by one).

The repository is here:

https://github.com/techee/geany

Please have a good look at it. It's no problem to change it now but it
will be hard once people start using it. For this reason please resist
the temptation and don't update your branches on top of the repository
yet. It's safer to wait until everyone agrees the repository is
alright.

This isn't the final location for the repository so don't fork it for
your work. Wait until Enrico pushes it into the final location.

I've also created a separate repository containing sm and bs2 branches here:

https://github.com/techee/sm-branch

Lex has already mentioned he doesn't want to continue in bs2 branch so
it's mostly Eugene's sm branch. Eugene, please tell me when you clone
it so I can remove the repository.

Finally, I've also pushed the repository which came as a result of
svn2git without any modificatons:

https://github.com/techee/geany-svn2git-unmodified

This is meant for reference only in case you have a feeling that
something is wrong with the official repository. I'll leave it there
so you can always clone it in the future.

Cheers,
Jiri