[Geany-devel] Git switch (for real)

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Thu Oct 6 21:01:30 UTC 2011

On Wed, 05 Oct 2011 16:43:42 -0700, Matthew wrote:

>On 11-10-05 04:23 PM, Colomban Wendling wrote:
>> Le 03/10/2011 23:02, Enrico Tröger a écrit :
>>>
>>> While I usually plead for free software I'd also vote for Github in
>>> this regard. In the last weeks I started to use it for smaller
>>> personal stuff just to get it hosted somewhere, easily. And it
>>> worked. Github is just damn easy, fast and intuitive. While I have
>>> not much experience with Gitorious, it feels more like the
>>> opposite. Though this is just my personal opinion.
>>
>> Well then, let's try GitHub.  I also prefer FOSS everywhere, but
>> GitHub
>
>We should make a completely separate GitHub account called "geany",
>then convert it into an "Organization"[1], which allows all kinds of
>more neat features for a project like Geany (as opposed to having it
>as a "Personal" account).  See an example FOSS project account here[2].
>
>I will volunteer to handle setting up an "Organization" account and
>with the initial setup for service hooks and stuff.

Yeehaw.
Er, I think this is a good idea.

Then we could also migrate the "talks" and "newsletter" repositories
from git.geany.org to Github into the Geany "organisation" since these
two repositories are no read-only mirror repositories and so better fit
together with the rest of the project's code at one place.

And we could integrate the geany-plugins' repository there.