[Geany-devel] geany on github; why not?

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Wed Oct 5 07:13:04 UTC 2011

On 11-10-04 02:37 PM, Jiří Techet wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to get everything ready for the conversion and there are
> still a few points unresolved:

I just had a thought about something that you might've already taken
into consideration.

Should the authors file or whatever you use for this conversion have the
exact email addresses that the committer uses for the Git project site
so that they link up in the web repo browser?

Example: on GitHub when the commit email matches up with the email
address on file for the user account it puts the people's avatar images
and links to their profile page in the web repository browser.[1]

I would assume Gitorious is similar in this sense.

[1] GitHub allows multiple email addresses per account, which might
allow the authors to just make sure they add the one in your authors
files to their GitHub account, if we go with that site.  I'm not sure if
that's what the multiple email addresses are for or not.

I just thought I'd mention it in case it might be an issue, it'd
probably be easier to take care of before converting everything.