[Geany-devel] Github vs. Gitorious )was: Re: Git switch (for real) (was: Re: geany on github; why not?)

Frank Lanitz frank at xxxxx
Mon Oct 3 15:35:59 UTC 2011

On Mon, 03 Oct 2011 17:28:14 +0200
Colomban Wendling <lists.ban at herbesfolles.org> wrote:

> @all:  We will switch to Git, and we need to choose basically between
> GitHub and Gitorious.
> I'd vote for trying GitHub, just because it has one thing I quite
> liked and that Gitorious don't seem to have: comments on a particular
> commit's line.  I did use it a few times with Matthew, and I felt it
> quite convenient to comment details [1]
> Apart that I don't mind, both have the necessary stuff, and Gitorious
> is more "free as in freedom".

I'm not very emotional here. Gitorious really looks a bit more free
whereas at Github I always have the feeling they want to sell me
something (ok... somehow the services needs to be paid). On the other
hand the featureset around an project looks a bit better at github in
my feeling. So. I don't care much and I do have an account on both :)

Cheers,
Frank
--
http://frank.uvena.de/en/