[Geany-devel] Plan ahead (to fail to plan is to plan to fail)

Frank Lanitz frank at xxxxx
Mon Oct 3 14:59:26 UTC 2011

On Mon, 03 Oct 2011 07:42:57 -0700
Matthew Brush <mbrush at codebrainz.ca> wrote:

> On 11-10-03 02:34 AM, Frank Lanitz wrote:
>
> > I think the changes you listed, which all make sense taking the
> > general opinion of mailing list, but they are IMHO to big to put
> > all in one release and make it stable within the same one.
> >

> FWIW, a lot of the stuff in the list is already sitting around
> waiting right now (GtkBuilder, Gtk3, SM, patch tracker patches,
> etc).  Unless Geany has some committment to a scheduled release
> cycle, it wouldn't make sense to let all of that stuff sit around for
> a whole other release.

OK. fine with me. I don't fight for 0.9x or something. It was just some
kind of compromise for these, which are thinking 1.0 is something
special. Given that most of them is already there we should check to
have it in as soon as possible. I suggest to start with sm-branch.

Cheers,
Frank
--
http://frank.uvena.de/en/