[Geany-devel] Plan ahead (to fail to plan is to plan to fail)

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Mon Oct 3 06:11:26 UTC 2011

On 3 October 2011 15:37, Matthew Brush <mbrush at codebrainz.ca> wrote:
> Hi Lex,
>
> Agree with everything you said except I would put #5 and #6 early in the
> list since the rest of the things will probably make all the patches need a
> lot of work, while they could probably be quite easily applied presently.  I
> could be wrong though, just a thought.

Hi Matthew,

Please note the list isn't in order of doing things, its in order from
most disruptive to least disruptive.

It isn't in order of doing things because I was thinking that after
the DVCS change some of these can be done in parallel.  So for
instance things like little patches can be installed in the main
develop branch whilst Glade 3/GTK3 can be in another branch.  I'm sure
the two groups can communicate so that patches that use UI things can
be pre-applied, post-applied or merged as appropriate.

Bigger things like SM branch need looking at sure.

And although last (as least disruptive) 1.0 should be done now.