[Geany-devel] CTags with GRegex - Re: editing big files can be too slow with tag reparsing

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Sun Oct 2 14:34:35 UTC 2011

On 30/09/2011 17:32, Nick Treleaven wrote:
> On 30/09/2011 14:37, Nick Treleaven wrote:

>> I'm now working on porting lregex.c to GRegex, I think it might be
>> compatible enough. I'll commit it to unstable if it goes OK.
>
> Now done. This fixes my performance issue with doc/geany.html. Needs
> testing though. Regex parsers are:
>
> actionscript
> cobol
> html
> php

Link:
http://geany.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/geany?view=revision&revision=5976

I think Colomban's idea of using GRegex is great in that all systems
will then have the same regex behaviour. The old situation was a support
headache.

GRegex is more reliable besides being more powerful, based on PCRE. The
Windows version (at least) of GNU regex we had didn't understand Mac
line endings for ^, $.