[Geany-devel] Announcements

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Sat Oct 1 13:39:19 UTC 2011

Le 01/10/2011 12:10, Enrico Tröger a écrit :
> On Sat, 1 Oct 2011 10:14:43 +1000, Lex wrote:
>
>>> [..thinking about finally announcing the wiki...]
>>>
>>> If nobody else has any blockers in mind, we could finally announce it
>>> to get more people look, use and extend it :).
>>>
>>> The only question is whether it is better to announce it before or
>>> after the release or together?
>>>

>> By all means lets make it a *big* announcement.
>
> While thinking about announcements, we have right now (well, very soon
> at least) three announcements ready to be go out:
>
> - the wiki
> - the release
> - the changed project maintainer
>
> I'm just not yet completely sure in what order to get them into the
> world.
>
> Probably the wiki is a complete separat announcement, to be made on its
> own. Could be done easily and quickly.

Agreed.

> The other two might be combined, that is, in the usual release
> announcement include the hoorays for Colomban as the new project
> maintainer.

I think it depends whether I'm supposed to become new maintainer for
0.21 (or whatever) or for 0.22.  In the former case, I think both
announcements should be done together (announcing new maintainer a
couple of hours before a release done by this very maintainer looks a
bit pointless).  In the latter, I think it's fine to either announce
together or after.

So basically I think that together makes sense.

Cheers,
Colomban