[Geany-devel] Question about GTK+ version used

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sat Oct 1 10:05:29 UTC 2011

On Mon, 26 Sep 2011 01:21:59 -0700, Matthew wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Is there some specific distro or platform that sets the oldest GTK+
>version Geany needs to support?  I had a conversation with Enrico on
>IRC some time back and he explained that Geany supports older GTK+
>versions so that "enterprise" and similar distros which have really
>old packages are able to still able to compile/run it.
>
>So I was just curious *specifically* what distro(s) and version(s)
>sets the oldest version of GTK+ that Geany should support?

I don't know anything as specific as you probably want to hear, sadly.
It's just that it raises up from time to time when users tell on what
old systems they compile Geany.

Since we recently bumped the GTK requirements to 2.12 for the upcoming
release, do we need to discuss this already again?
Yeah, newer versions are cooler but is it necessary or just cooler?