[Geany-devel] Unit tests for Geany (continued from Github)

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Wed Nov 30 17:45:41 UTC 2011

Le 30/11/2011 15:24, Frank Lanitz a écrit :
> Am 30.11.2011 10:24, schrieb Lex Trotman:
>> [...]
>>>
>>> I agree. Maybe we could add a section to HACKING file too as it would
>>> fit there IMHO.
>>
>> Since we have a long release cycle lots of non-C speaking people use
>> the Git version, so I think it needs to be where users can see it, not
>> just us developers :)
>
> My understanding was that HACKING was the README for them. However,
> maybe we should add a link between both. I don't think we need to refer
> inside 'release' README to autogen.sh.

I don't think HACKING is the README for unreleased sources, it's the
README for people wanting to modify Geany's sources...  but yes, maybe
it's supposed to be the same.

However I agree, it makes no sense to tell people with a release tarball
to run autogen.sh, since there is *no* autogen on release tarballs.  So,
maybe we could either add a note in the current HACKING, or add
something like a README.git or whatever mentioning the difference with
the tarballs?

Cheers,
Colomban