[Geany-devel] Unit tests for Geany (continued from Github)

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Wed Nov 30 07:39:26 UTC 2011

On 11/29/2011 11:12 PM, Frank Lanitz wrote:
> Am 30.11.2011 07:36, schrieb Nathan Broadbent:
>> P.S. The documentation needs to be updated for the 'waf' build system,
>> in quite a few places, including geany-plugins.
>
> I don't refer to other points as I would need to catch up discussion on
> github before (wth why are we using differnt chanels? can we turn off
> the github commenting stuff.. its a nightmare)

It's not a nightmare if you use it.  Comments are essential for code
review, pull requests and useful for discussion of specific code. You
can configure your Github notifications to email you just about
everything and you can reply using your email client, if it's too much
trouble bouncing between web browser and email client.

Nathan made a pull request, he was told the proper channels (upstream)
since it was a Scintilla change, then he asked about testing and was
directed to the ML to discuss it.  If you aren't able to open your web
browser, that pretty much sums up the relevant "discussion" on the pull
request comments.