[Geany-devel] Plugin : Geanyprj

Frank Lanitz frank at xxxxx
Fri Nov 25 21:05:57 UTC 2011

Am 24.11.2011 17:23, schrieb Johann SAUNIER:
> Thanks a lot for your reactivity ! my answers and questions below :
>
> 2011/11/23 Frank Lanitz <frank at frank.uvena.de <mailto:frank at frank.uvena.de>>
>

>     > 2) I tried "./waf updatepo" and the results are big changes in .po
>     > files, like if they were all much out of date -> do we have to use
>     > "updatepo" each time we add a translatable string or should we add
>     it by
>     > hand in the .po file of our native language (and the other ones we
>     know
>     > how to translate) ?
>
>     Well, No. The po files are only generated on demand as it will generate
>     a lot of overhead due the changes e.g. on line numbers. Please don't add
>     strings manual to po-files unless you are 110% sure what you are doing.
>

> So what should I do ?
> 1) ask a maintainer to run ./waf updatepo on geany-plugins, update my
> working copy when it is done and create my patch that will contain only
> the strings I added
> 2) run ./waf updatepo myself and send the patch with the lot of updates
> (even on plugins I don't work on)

Usually we have a language orientated view on translations rather than
updating for each plugin as geany-plugins is a combined project. From
time to time it makes sense to translate it plugin by plugin, but this
is up to the translator.
In your cause I'm not sure, whats the bast way. I think just sending an
updated po-file for your language

Cheers,
Frank