[Geany-devel] Plugin : Geanyprj

Johann SAUNIER jsaunier.devel at xxxxx
Thu Nov 24 16:23:32 UTC 2011

Thanks a lot for your reactivity ! my answers and questions below :

2011/11/23 Frank Lanitz <frank at frank.uvena.de>

> > 2) I tried "./waf updatepo" and the results are big changes in .po
> > files, like if they were all much out of date -> do we have to use
> > "updatepo" each time we add a translatable string or should we add it by
> > hand in the .po file of our native language (and the other ones we know
> > how to translate) ?
>
> Well, No. The po files are only generated on demand as it will generate
> a lot of overhead due the changes e.g. on line numbers. Please don't add
> strings manual to po-files unless you are 110% sure what you are doing.

So what should I do ?
1) ask a maintainer to run ./waf updatepo on geany-plugins, update my
working copy when it is done and create my patch that will contain only the
strings I added
2) run ./waf updatepo myself and send the patch with the lot of updates
(even on plugins I don't work on)

> > 3) by executing step 2, I noticed an error in the README. waf. Do I have
> > to send a patch or just tell it to a maintainer on this list ?
>
> What's the issue you did found? There a bunch of ppl having access to
> this file and therefor can update it

the issue is that the command to update po files is "./waf updatepo"
instead of "./waf --update-po"

> 4) I saw a Tracker->Patches page
> > on http://sourceforge.net/projects/geany-plugins/, is this the right
> > place to submit patches ? If so, do I have to tell someone before
> > submitting ?
>
> Just push it there or send a patch to this list.

Ok, I'll push them on SourceForge.

> Cheers,
> Frank

Johann