[Geany-devel] Slight problem with autocomplete and Haskell

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Thu Nov 24 01:21:54 UTC 2011

On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 12:05 PM, Erik de Castro Lopo
<mle+tools at mega-nerd.com> wrote:
> Lex Trotman wrote:
>
>> tab only indents when it is at the start of the line (modulo
>> whitespace), when you are using it it is activating "complete snippet"
>> and since you don't have one starting "do" ...
>
> So how to I set up a haskell only "complete snippet" that leaves
> my "do" alone and inserts a Tab after the do when I hit the Tab
> key?

Ahh, I got it backasswards, it deletes to do because by default you
have a Haskell specific "do" snippet that pastes nothing to override a
default do snippet, so you have to set it to paste "do<tab>", see
http://www.geany.org/manual/current/index.html#user-definable-snippets

Maybe that would be a good change to the default snippets file, I
guess you Haskell programmers will have to decide that.

Or the default snippets should not be language specific :(

>> You can indent at any point in the line using <ctrl>i (yes I know in
>> the ascii days that was a tab but not in a gui)
>
> Thats doesn't work. If I have a line starting " = do", with
> cursor after the do and hit Tab, it puts a Tab before the "="
> and not after the "do" which is where it should go.

Terminology mismatch, indentation in Geany terminology is something
that goes at the beginning of a line, not in the middle of a line,
<ctrl>i adds whitespace at the beginning of the line.