[Geany-devel] Slight problem with autocomplete and Haskell

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Thu Nov 24 00:54:13 UTC 2011

On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 11:39 AM, Erik de Castro Lopo
<mle+tools at mega-nerd.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm using current geany SVN head and coding quite a bit of Haskell.
> One pretty significant annoyance is that one common way of formating
> Haskell code results in something that looks like this:
>
>   functionName :: Type1 -> IO Type2
>   functionName param
>    = do   putStrLn "In functionName"
>
> The problem is that when I type the above in, I add the " = do" and
> then hit Tab for indentation and thats when geany decides to delete

Hi Erik,

tab only indents when it is at the start of the line (modulo
whitespace), when you are using it it is activating "complete snippet"
and since you don't have one starting "do" ...

You can indent at any point in the line using <ctrl>i (yes I know in
the ascii days that was a tab but not in a gui)